Mushroom Duxelles And Pate Platter With Sliced Baguette
|Crimini mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, coarsely chopped|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Ground thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pate||8 Ounce (At Specialty Foods Case Of Market, Choose Country Or Mousse-Style, Any Flavor-Ask For Tastings)|
|Baguette||1 , sliced|
|Cornichons||3 (For Garnish)|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Heat a skillet over moderate heat.
2. Using a food processor finely chop mushrooms and sauté
3. Into the skillet saute shallots and mushroom bits in oil and butter with a seasoning of ground thyme, salt and pepper such that mushrooms are deep brown, about 6 minutes.
4. Deglazing pan with sherry, transfer this mushroom duxelles to a small serving dish and place on a platter alongside store-bought pate.
5. To serve garnish tray with sliced baguette, cornichons, capers, and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Enjoy bread rounds with a slather of pate topped with mushrooms.