Sesame Seed Bagels
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°.
2) In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon of sugar in warm water. Let it rest for 5 minutes till the mixture becomes foamy.
3) Mix in flour and salt. Make a sticky dough out of the mixture.
4) Transfer the dough onto a floured surface. Knead to get a smooth dough, for about 10 minutes.
5) Transfer the dough into a cooking spray coated bowl. Apply a little spray on the dough too. Cover the bowl and let rest in a warm place.
6) In 15 minutes the dough will rise slightly.
7) Box the dough down. Lay it on a floured surface and knead a few times.
8) Divide the dough equally into 18 balls. With a floured finger make a hole in the centre of each ball. The hole should be 1 to 1 1/2 inch in size.
9) Keep the bagels on a floured surface. Cover and let it rest for 20 minutes.
10) In a Dutch oven, add 1 gallon of water and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Bring it to a boil.
11) Turn down the heat to medium. Drop in the bagels into the boiling water, 6 at a time.
12) Turn down the heat to simmer. Cook the bagels uncovered for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
13) Drain the bagels on paper towels and arrange them on an ungreased baking sheet.
14) Bake the bagels for 10 minutes.
15) Brush the bagels with egg white once removed from the oven.
16) Sprinkle sesame seeds over the bagel. Bake for 20 more minutes till the bagels become golden brown. Let them cool down before serving.
17) Serve Sesame Seed Bagels with cream cheese of your liking.