|Whole wheat flour||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Compressed yeast||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lukewarm potato water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||2 Quart|
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Soften the yeast in 1/3 of the potato water and stir into the flour.
2. Add the honey and oil to the remaining potato water and stir into the flour mixture. Add the eggs and beat to form a dough.
3. Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead for 10 minutes. The dough should be quite firm. Add more flour if necessary.
4. Return the dough to a clean buttered bowl, cover, and let rise at room temperature until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
5. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
6. Knead the dough again until smooth and elastic.
7. Pinch off pieces of dough and roll into ropes 6 inches long and 3/4 inch wide.
8. Bring the ends of the dough together and pinch to form doughnut shapes.
9. Drop the sugar into a pot with the boiling water. Drop the bagels into the water one at a time and, when they come to the surface, turn them over. Boil for 1 minute longer.
10. Put the bagels on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.