Did you know you can cure your own bacon, let me show you how to recreate this breakfast favorite.
To make bacon you need pork bellies, salt, sugar, and spices of your choice.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, put together pink salt, kosher salt, brown sugar and black pepper, and mix well.
2. In a large tray, place the pork belly and generously spread the half of the salt mixture on the top and rub well, to ensure the salt coats the meat all over.
3. Flip the bacon and rub the remaining salt mixture all over the meat and rub well.
4. In a air tight container, place the meat and top with leftover salt form the tray if any.
5. Cover the container and place in refrigerator for about a week.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
7. After a week, remove the bacon from refrigerator, rinse under cold water and pat dry using kitchen towel.
8. In baking pan, put a rack place the meat over the rack and bake in oven for about 90 minutes.
9. Remove the bacon from the bacon and using a sharp knife remove the skin and slice to the desired thickness.