This appetizer is one of the first to go at any party. There's something about the combination of sweetened bacon and crunchy chestnuts that makes it impossible to just grab one.
1 Can (10 oz)
Low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoon, divided
1 Pound (thick cut)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. Rinse, and drain chestnut thoroughly. Slice it into half.
3. In a bowl combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Mix well.
4. Drop chestnuts into the bowl. Mix to coat well, and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
5. Cut bacon slices into third. Wrap each piece of chestnut with a bacon slice. Secure with a toothpick.
6. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil, and place wrapped chestnuts on it.
7. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar evenly on top, and pop it in oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.