1. Blanch the beans in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, plunge them into ice cold water to stop further cooking, drain, dry on a clean cloth and place aside in a bowl.
2. Cut off any rind from the bacon, cut into medium dice and place in a clean dish.
3. In a baking tray, sprinkle over cashews with a little vegetable oil and roast gently under the broiler or in a warm oven until lightly golden, stirring from time to time and keep aside in a bowl. Roast the almonds and pine nuts separately on the same tray under the broiler in the same way, and add to the cashews in the bowl.
4. In a wok or sauté pan over a medium heat, heat a tiny touch of vegetable oil and stir-fry diced bacon pieces for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the green beans, stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, then add the roasted nuts and mix well.
6. Remove the green beans from the heat and, using tongs, arrange the green beans on warmed plates or into a warmed serving dish.
7. Sprinkle any remaining bacon pieces and nuts over the top of the green beans.
8. Give a twist or two of coarse sea salt and freshly milled black pepper and a very light dusting of finely grated nutmeg.
9. Drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.