The "Bacon" Glitch
|Turkey breast||2 Pound, butterfly cut (2 pieces)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Pinch|
|Cloves powder||1 Pinch|
|For the brine|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (to soak cranberries)|
|Bacon slices||4 Medium, sliced thinly|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Granny smith apples||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Pecan nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
1. Clean the turkey breast. Cut it though the centre and open it up to form a sheet (butterfly cut).
2. Rub salt, pepper, cinnamon and cloves on the turkey breasts.
3. In a bowl pour chicken broth, add cider and salt. Mix it.
4. Marinate the turkey breasts by putting it into this solution. Leave it for a few hours.
5. Soak dried cranberries in hot water.
6. In another bowl take the bacon slices and marinate it with maple syrup.
7. On a plastic wrap sheet, arrange the bacon slices and place the marinated turkey breast on it. Set aside.
8. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
9. Line a baking tray with foil.
10. In a pan, brown bacon pieces, apples, cinnamon and cloves.
11. Add strained cranberries, pecan pieces, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon butter. Cook till done.
12. Fill this mixture on the turkey breast and roll it.
13. Pour melted butter over it and wrap the bacon slices over it.
14. Put more melted butter on it and transfer it to a baking tray lined with foil.
15. Season it with salt and pepper and bake it in the oven for 65 minutes or till the internal temperature of the roll is 165 degrees.
16. Take a serving plate, pour cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes.
17. Cut the turkey rolls into thick slices and place it on the sauce and potatoes.
18. Garnish it with bacon slices and cranberries and serve hot.