Spinach and Bacon Gyoza Wraps
1) Boil water in a large pot. Add a pinch of salt in the water (salt removes oxalic acid - bitter taste, and makes the spinach nice and green).
2) Wash spinach and add in the boiling water from the stem side. Boil spinach for about one minute.
3) Drain and soak the spinach in cold water (or use running water) to cool. Drain and squeeze the spinach to remove the excess water (use paper towel if you have).
4) Cut off the root ends of the spinach and cut into small pieces.
5) Cut bacon into small strips.
6) Roughly mince the onion.
7) Heat the pan and sauté the bacon until oil comes out. Add onion and sauté until tender.
8) Then add spinach and season with salt and cracked black pepper. Cool down until you can touch.
9) Place the gyoza wrapper in your palm and place a small spoonful of filling in the center. Put water along the edge of the wrapper by fingers, fold into semi circle, gather the front side of the
wrapper and seal.
10) In a microwavable container, put water and cheese (cut into small pieces). Microwave for about 2 minutes until the cheese slightly melts.
11) Heat olive oil in a frying pan, place gyoza, cook on high heat until the bottoms become brown. Turn down the heat to medium, add melted cheese water cover and steam the gyoza on high heat until the water is gone and cooked.
12) Serve with balsamic vinegar.
It goes great with wine! Perfect for bento, too!