Spiced Waffles with Bacon
|Lukewarm milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Eggs||4 , separate|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Preferred Fresh)|
|Vanilla bean/11/2 teaspoon vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Bacon||1 Pound, thick slices|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 425°.
2) Warm milk for 1 minute in a microwave or on a stovetop. Pour the yeast in the milk and let sit for 5 minutes or until bubbly on top.
3) In the meantime, separate the egg yolks and whites into two separate bowls. Whip the egg whites to a medium peak and set aside. Blend together egg yolks with sugar, slowly incorporate milk and butter into the egg yolk mixture.
4) In a separate bowl, mix together the dried ingredients: cake flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt. Slow pour the dry ingredients into the egg yolk, milk and butter mixture. Once combined fold in the whipped egg whites.
5) Allow for mixture to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes. Then make waffles to waffle maker instructions.
6) Place the bacon onto a slotted roasting pan with aluminum foil at bottom to catch the fat and make for easy clean up. Sprinkle brown sugar over bacon liberally and place in oven for 25 minutes or until desired crispiness.
7) Top with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or syrup!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3975 Calories from Fat 1672
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g291.3%
Saturated Fat 65.4 g327%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1110.6 mg370.2%
Sodium 3704.7 mg154.4%
Total Carbohydrates 466 g155.4%
Dietary Fiber 47.5 g190%
Sugars 156.7 g
Protein 125 g250.8%
Vitamin A 110.1% Vitamin C 0.9%
Calcium 104.6% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet