2) Warm milk for 1 minute in a microwave or on a stovetop. Pour the yeast in the milk and let sit for 5 minutes or until bubbly on top.
3) In the meantime, separate the egg yolks and whites into two separate bowls. Whip the egg whites to a medium peak and set aside. Blend together egg yolks with sugar, slowly incorporate milk and butter into the egg yolk mixture.
4) In a separate bowl, mix together the dried ingredients: cake flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt. Slow pour the dry ingredients into the egg yolk, milk and butter mixture. Once combined fold in the whipped egg whites.
5) Allow for mixture to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes. Then make waffles to waffle maker instructions.
6) Place the bacon onto a slotted roasting pan with aluminum foil at bottom to catch the fat and make for easy clean up. Sprinkle brown sugar over bacon liberally and place in oven for 25 minutes or until desired crispiness.
7) Top with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or syrup!
Breakfast always has some great recipes for the kids to help out with. This Belgian waffle with bacon is a simple recipe that is great for a Sunday breakfast. Well flavored with nutmeg and cinnamon, this is a wonderful aroma for the family to wake up to!