Bacon Pan Bread
|Bacon rashers||4 Ounce|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce|
|Fine semolina||4 Ounce|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Castor sugar||12 Milliliter (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Chopped onion||12 Milliliter (1 Dessertspoon)|
1. In a small frying pan, cook bacon until it is crisp.
2. Drain and keep aside the dripping. Chop the bacon.
3. In a bowl, take flour, semolina, baking powder, salt, mustard and sugar. Mix it well and sift together.
4. Add onion and bacon.
5. In another bowl, break eggs. Beat it well.
6. Add milk and 2 tablespoons of bacon fat to it.
7. Add the above liquid to the dry mixture.
8. Grease a 7- or 8-inch sandwich, baking tin or ovenproof dish well. Pour the above contents into it.
9. If desired, sprinkle with poppy or dill seeds over it.
10. Bake it in a hot oven just above the centre of the oven at 425-450°F or Gas Mark 6-7 for about 20 minutes or until it becomes golden in colour and firm.
11. Cut Bacon Pan Bread into wedges and serve it hot with a crisp salad. Top it with a knob of butter on each serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1497 Calories from Fat 680
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.3%
Saturated Fat 40.2 g201%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 550.9 mg183.6%
Sodium 1464.7 mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 148 g49.5%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.1%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 53 g105.4%
Vitamin A 39.3% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 82.6% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet