Bacon and Nut Ring
|Flour/Plain flour mixed with 2 teaspoons of baking powder||8 Ounce|
|Bacon||6 Ounce, chopped (Raw OR Cooked)|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Salted peanuts||1 Ounce, chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Raspings||2 Tablespoon (Toasted Brown Breadcrumbs)|
1) Into a bowl of flour and baking powder, add in the lard. Mix to get a crumbly mixture.
2) Add in the bacon, onion, chopped salted peanuts. Knead the mixture into a soft dough.
3) Add in a beaten egg and a little milk. Combine well.
4) Take a 1-pint ring mould or pudding basin and coat with a little butter or oil.
5) Add in the brown raspings into the mould or basin and shake well to spread evenly. Turn the mould over and tap out the extra crumbs.
6) Transfer the dough into the mould.
7) Cover the top with a foil. Steam for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
8) Unmould the Bacon and Nut Ring onto a serving plate. On the side, serve steamed green vegetables and brown gravy.