Skewered Scallops with Bacon
|Scallops||8 Large, thawed if frozen (Fresh or Frozen)|
|Streaky bacon rashers||4 , rinded|
|Fresh basil/Tarragon||15 Milliliter, chopped (1 tablespoon)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, skinned, cut into 6 wedges from each|
|Wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Basil sprigs||3 (to garnish)|
1) If desired, cut and discard white 'muscle' from each scallop, which is found opposite the orange coral and separate the coral.
2) Using a sharp knife, gently make gashes on the scallops on each side in a grid pattern.
3) On a board, spread bacon rashers using back of a knife and cut each rasher in two.
4) Roll the bacon around the each corals.
5) Secure each scallops horizontally and corals alternately on to 2 kebab skewers.
6) Arrange the skewers in a foil-lined grill pan.
7) In a bowl, mix the basil with 1 tablespoon of the oil and apply over the scallops and bacon.
8) Place the pan under a hot grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side until the scallops are just cooked and the bacon golden.
9) Basting with more oil and basil when turning the skewers over.
10) Place the tomatoes evenly on the side of 2 serving plates.
11) In a bowl, beat together remaining oil and vinegar, with salt and pepper to taste.
12) Arrange a skewer on each plate and stream the vinegar dressing over the tomatoes.
13) Garnish with sprigs of basil and serve immediately.