Cheese Bacon Crispies
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (2 cups)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||3 Drop|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked bacon slices||10 , crumbled|
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a baking sheet and lightly grease it.
3) Take a large mixing bowl and combine the first 6 ingredients in it. Mix nicely together.
4) Add bacon and flour.
5) Shape the prepared dough into 2 rolls of 1 1/2 inches diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and chill overnight.
6) Unwrap the rolls and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
7) Place the slices on the greased baking sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
8) Cool on a wire rack.
9) In order to freeze before baking, place the unbaked slices on baking sheets and place in the freezer until hard.
10) Remove from sheets and store in an airtight container. Place in the freezer.
11) In order to freeze after baking, let the wafers cool completely on wire rack.
12) Put in an airtight container and freeze.
13) To serve the baked Crispies, remove them from the freezer and thaw at room temperature for about 1 hour.
14) To serve the unbaked Crispies, remove from freezer and place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° F for about 10-12 minutes or until light brown in color.