Bacon Chestnut Wraps
|Bacon slices||8 , cut in half|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cut into 16 pieces|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Grape jelly/Plum jelly||2 Tablespoon|
1. On a microwave roasting rack set inside a 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish, place half of bacon.
2. Using paper towels cover, and microwave at HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until bacon is slightly brown, but not crisp.
3. Do the same with the remaining bacon slices.
4. Using your hands, wrap each piece of bacon around a water chestnut and a piece of green pepper; secure with a wooden pick.
5. Keep in an 8-inch square baking dish.
6. Stir together pepper, soy sauce, water, chili sauce and plum jelly; mix well.
7. Pour over wrapped chestnuts; chill for 2 hours.
8. Cook on HIGH for 6 to 9 minutes or until done.
9. Serve hot and the dish yields 16 appetizer servings.
Calories 19 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.42 g0.65%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.75%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.86 mg0.29%
Sodium 135 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 0.59 g1.2%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 0.1% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet