Potato And Bacon Croquettes
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Bacon rasher||1 , cooked and finely chopped|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, mashed|
|White breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Lard||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (As Required, For Deep Frying)|
1) In a bowl, combine the mashed potato and bacon with 1/2 of the beaten egg.
2) Mix thoroughly and shape the mixture into 8 croquettes.
3) In a bowl, combine rest of the beaten egg with the milk.
4) Dip the croquettes in the egg mixture and dredge with the breadcrumbs until thoroughly coated.
5) In a frying basket, fry the croquettes in deep hot fat for 3 minutes until golden.
6) Serve the Potato and Bacon Croquettes piping hot.