Potato and Bacon Croquettes
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Bacon rasher||1 , cooked and finely chopped|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, mashed|
|White breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Lard||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (As Required, For Deep Frying)|
1) In a bowl, combine the mashed potato and bacon with 1/2 of the beaten egg.
2) Mix thoroughly and shape the mixture into 8 croquettes.
3) In a bowl, combine rest of the beaten egg with the milk.
4) Dip the croquettes in the egg mixture and dredge with the breadcrumbs until thoroughly coated.
5) In a frying basket, fry the croquettes in deep hot fat for 3 minutes until golden.
6) Serve the Potato and Bacon Croquettes piping hot.
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.2 mg21.1%
Sodium 132.9 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 37.2%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet