Mustard Greens and Bacon
|Bacon slices||4 , diced|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard greens||3⁄4 Pound|
1. In a glass casserole, take bacon. Microwave it on high for 2-3 minutes. Stir it once after 1 to 1 ½ minute.
2. Add onion. Mix it well.
3. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remember to stir it after 1 ½ to 2 minutes of cooking.
4. Keep aside 1 ½ tbsp. of drippings and drain off the remaining quantity.
5. In a bowl, take mustard seeds and rinse it thoroughly. Chop it coarsely.
6. Add it to the bacon and onions mixture and mix it well.
7. Cover it and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and keep it aside for 5 minutes, covered.
9. To serve Mustard Greens And Bacon, pour tobacco sauce over it.
Calories 71 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.6 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.4 mg1.1%
Sodium 107.5 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.8%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 357.3% Vitamin C 200.9%
Calcium 18% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet