Bacon and Onion Omelet
|Diced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Slice the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
2. In a skillet, fry bacon pieces until crisp.
3. Further, add onions and saute until translucent.
4. Pour off fat.
5. In a nonstick skillet, melt butter.
6. Tilt pan to cover its base evenly with butter.
7. Beat eggs with cream and add salt and pepper.
8. In the pan, add this egg mixture and then tilt it to spread eggs to edges of the pan.
9. Continue to cook on low flame until the eggs begin to set.
10. Use a spatula to loosen the eggs from edges of pan.
11. Tilt the pan again to allow uncooked eggs to run to the sides.
12. Finally, fold the outer edges of the omelet into the center carefully. It will resemble a flat cone.
13. Place bacon and onion in center of omelet before folding over.
14. Fold over and cook for about 1 minute.
15. Serve immediately.