Cheese, Bacon, and Onion Quiche
|Single crust pastry||1 (basic, do not bake)|
|Bacon slices||6 , cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven moderate to 375 °F.
2. Take a quiche or pie pan and line with pastry.
3. In a frying pan sautÃ© bacon until crisp.
4. Drain out the bacon. Arrange it in pie shell.
5. In the remaining bacon fat sautÃ© onion until light brown.
6. Drain out from fat.
7. Take off from heat and stir in eggs, milk, cream, cheese, and seasonings.
8. Transfer the mixture into a pastry-lined pan.
9. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
10. Serve hot, warm, or cold.
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.1%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 230 mg76.7%
Sodium 444.4 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet