Microwave Sunday Brunch Bacon
|Canadian bacon||3 Pound (1 whole)|
|Whole cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced pineapple||16 1⁄2 Ounce, reserve syrup (2 cans, 8 1/4 ounces each)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Maraschino cherries||1 Tablespoon|
1. Score the bacon surface with diagonal slashes.
2. Place whole cloves in bacon slits.
3. Put bacon in plastic cook-in bag.
4. In a bowl combine sugar, pineapple syrup, ginger, and mustard and pour it into the bag.
5. Marinate the bacon for about an hour at room temperature.
6. Put the bag in baking dish and loosely fold its top.
7. In a microwave oven, place the bag and cook on a setting of ROAST (7) for about 15-20 minutes until nicely heated through.
8. Place the cooked bacon on a serving platter and decorate it with cherries and pineapple slices.
9. Pour hot sauce over pineapple, bacon and cherries.
10. Serve Sunday brunch bacon hot with other pasta based dishes or rice.