Bacon Cheese Strata
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Day old bread slice||6|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 cup)|
|Bacon slices||4 , crisply fried, drained and crumbled|
|Eggs||6 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), skimmed|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees for 3 minutes.
2) Take the bread slices and apply butter on them. Cut the slices into small cubes.
3) Take a casserole dish and arrange in the alternate layers of bread cubes, cheddar cheese and bacon.
4) Take a bowl and blend the eggs along with milk, dry mustard and pepper. Pour this egg mixture over the bread-cheese mixture.
5) Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate for around 24 hours.
6) When you are about to serve the dish (before 1 hour), remove the dish from the refrigerator. Bake for 1 hour till the casserole is golden in color.
7) Garnish the dish with watercress and cherry tomatoes.