Bacon Cheese Strata
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Day old bread slice||6|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 cup)|
|Bacon slices||4 , crisply fried, drained and crumbled|
|Eggs||6 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), skimmed|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees for 3 minutes.
2) Take the bread slices and apply butter on them. Cut the slices into small cubes.
3) Take a casserole dish and arrange in the alternate layers of bread cubes, cheddar cheese and bacon.
4) Take a bowl and blend the eggs along with milk, dry mustard and pepper. Pour this egg mixture over the bread-cheese mixture.
5) Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate for around 24 hours.
6) When you are about to serve the dish (before 1 hour), remove the dish from the refrigerator. Bake for 1 hour till the casserole is golden in color.
7) Garnish the dish with watercress and cherry tomatoes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1823 Calories from Fat 1046
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g188.4%
Saturated Fat 63.8 g319%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1525.5 mg508.5%
Sodium 2056.6 mg85.7%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 28.7 g
Protein 90 g179.9%
Vitamin A 81.6% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 149.4% Iron 79.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet