Corn And Bacon Pudding
|Bacon slices||8 , cut in 1/2-inch pieces|
|Soda crackers/Soda cracker crumbs - 3/4 cup||20 , broken into quarters|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green onion||5 Inch, cut in 1 inch lengths|
|Bacon drippings||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned whole kernel corn||24 Ounce, drained (2 Cans Of 12 Ounce Each)|
|Tomatoes||3 , sliced and slices cut in half|
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. In a shallow frying pan, lightly brown bacon; remove on paper towel for draining.
3. In a blender jar or container, add 1/4th of the cracker pieces at a time and run on low speed with switch on and off until crackers are coarsely chopped; repeat until all crackers are crumbed.
4. Into a bowl, remove cracker crumbs and add egg, milk, green onion, bacon dripping, salt, sugar and pepper.
5. In another blender with stirring blades, pour the mixture and process for about 10 seconds until onions are coarsely chopped.
6. Into a large mixing bowl, pour the mixture and immediately add corn, bacon and crumbs; mix well.
7. Into a greased 2 quart casserole, pour the mixture and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
8. Garnish with thin slices of half tomato.