Roasted Sweet Onion with Bacon Frisee and Parmesan
|Smoked bacon slices||4 , cut in 1/2 inch pieces|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), peeled|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fennel bulb||1 , cut and separated into long thin strips|
|Red bell pepper||1 , cored and cut into long thin strips|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Sherry vinegar/White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|White onions||3 Small, peeled, cut in half crosswise|
|Frisee lettuce||4 Ounce (Or As Required)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2) In a large skillet, saute the bacon over a medium heat, until half cooked.
3) Drain off the excess fat from the skillet.
4) Add whole garlic cloves, olive oil, fennel strips, red pepper strips and thyme into the skillet.
5) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
6) Stir continuously and saute for 2 minutes.
7) Stir in the vinegar and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
8) Place 6 about 8-inch square pieces of aluminum foil on a work surface.
9) Place an onion half with cut side up in the center of each foil.
10) Spoon the fennel-red pepper mixture evenly over the onions.
11) Wrap up tightly and place the packets on a baking sheet.
12) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the onions are tender.
13) Line 6 salad plates with frisee lettuce leaves.
14) Unwrap the foil packets and arrange the vegetables and any juices from the packet over the lettuce.
15) Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve the Roasted Sweet Onion with Bacon Frisee and Parmesan immediately.