Potato And Bacon Cakes
|Potatoes||1 Pound, sieved / riced (500 Grams)|
|Bacon||3 Ounce, chopped (75 Grams)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Meat extract/Vegetable extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||20 Milliliter, chopped (1 Tablespoon Leveled)|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) Prepare all the ingredients.
2) Place the bacon in a pan over a gentle heat to allow the fat to run.
3) Add the onion and fry till golden brown.
4) Mix together the potatoes, bacon and onion, extract and seasoning and parsley.
5) Form the mixture into 8 cakes, using floured hands.
6) Brush with milk and roll in breadcrumbs.
7) Fry in a little hot fat to brown on both sides, or in a moderately hot oven, 350°F (180°C), Gas Mark 4, till firm.
8) Serve the potato and bacon cakes as side dish.