Sorrel Spinach, And Bacon Salad
|Lean bacon strip||4|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Mild curry powder/1/4 teaspoon of a spicier blend||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vinaigrette||4 Tablespoon, made with wine vinegar|
|Sorrel||3 Bunch (300 gm), rinsed and trimmed|
|Spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed and trimmed|
|Hazelnut/Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
|Hard-boiled eggs||3 , quartered|
1) In plastic bag, add bacon and freeze.
2) Cut lengthwise into small strips.
3) In a pan, add bacon and cook till tender-crisp.
4) Drain out the drippings, keeping back 1 to 2 teaspoons.
5) Stir in the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6) Add in curry powder and stir to make a smooth paste.
7) Blend in vinaigrette and slowly warm.
8) Dry the greens and add into a salad bowl.
9) Add the dressing, nuts and bacon, and toss well.
10) Place eggs on top and serve.