Sorrel Soup with Shrimp and Bacon
|Sorrel||4 Bunch (400 gm), rinsed and trimmed (4 Cup)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cooked shrimps||6 Ounce|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 , sliced into thin circles|
1) Take a heavy saucepan and melt half of the butter on low heat.
2) Put damp sorrel and cover the pan. Cook the sorrel until tender and limp.
3) Scald milk. Keep aside.
4) Take another frying pan and cook bacon on medium heat. And discard excess grease.
5) Now, crumble the bacon in a food processor.
6) When the sorrel is cooked, add a cup of scald milk. Stir well.
7) Add remaining milk, butter, shrimp and sour cream to the sorrels. Cook until butter melts.
8) Pour Sorrel Soup with Shrimp and Bacon into serving bowls and garnish with green onions and bacon.
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.4%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 226.6 mg75.5%
Sodium 469.1 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.3%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 36 g71.8%
Vitamin A 54.4% Vitamin C 302.3%
Calcium 60.5% Iron 60.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet