Egg And Bacon Tartlets
|Basic shortcrust pastry dough||1 (made with 225 g/1/2 lb flour)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Single cream/Creamy milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50 g)|
|Mustard powder||1 Pinch|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Streaky bacon rashers||4 Ounce, rinds removed, grilled and chopped (100 g)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6
2. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and use it to line 18-20 inch deep patty pans.
3. Bake the pans blind in a preheated hot oven for 15 minutes
4. In another large bowl, tip in the ingredients except the bacon and beat well to mix.
5. Divide the bacon equally between the pastry cases and pour the egg mixture equally on top of the bacon in the shells
6. Bake in a hot oven for 10-15 minutes till done.
7. These can also be frozen for later use by covering them with foil and sealing into food bags for freezer storage.
8. Serve the tartlets immediately as soon as they are cooked with a fresh salad.
9. If you are serving the frozen tartlets, thaw them and then reheat in a preheated moderate oven at 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4 for 15 to 20 minutes