Bacon With Liver
|Bacon||3⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Onions||3 , chopped|
|Liver||1⁄2 Pound, cut into small pieces|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Pepper||1 Dash, freshly ground|
1) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
2) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3) In the bottom of the soaked Romertopf, place a thin layer of the sliced bacon.
4) In a frying pan, heat fat and in this, fry the onions.
5) In a bowl, mix the onions, mushrooms and liver together.
6) On top of the bacon in the pot, spread a layer of this mixture. Similarly, prepare more layers of the bacon and the liver mixture, ending with a bacon slice.
7) Sprinkle a little freshly ground pepper on top.
8) Now, pour over the stock.
9) In the hot oven, cook covered for 1 hour. For a crispy layer of bacon on top, remove the lid of the pot and then return to the oven for a 10 to 15 minutes more.
10) Serve the Bacon and Liver with rice and a fresh green salad.