Bacon And Lentil Soup
|Bacon knuckle||1 , smoked|
|Red lentils||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Milk||1 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Cornflour||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon Leveled)|
1) Thoroughly wash the knuckle.
2) In a pressure cooker, place the knuckle, lentils, peeled onions and carrots.
3) Pour in 2 litres (4 pints) water and cover the lid.
4) Place over heat to bring a boil, skim the fat, and then cook at high (15-lb) pressure for 25 minutes. Alternately, use a covered saucepan, to cook by adding 3 liters water for 11 hours.
5) Remove the knuckle, peel off the skin and bone the meat.
6) In the pressure cooker or saucepan, return the skin and bones and cook at high (1 5-lb) pressure for 10 minutes or boil for 1 hour.
7) Cut the meat in small pieces.
8) Discard the bones and skin.
9) In a liquidizer, place the contents of the pan along with the meat. Liquidize the mixture until smooth or sieve through a small-holed strainer and add the meat minced.
10) Serve the soup warm by adding extra seasoning of freshly ground black pepper, if desired.