Pappardelle With Lamb's Liver And Bacon
|Pappardelle/2/3 pound dried pappardelle||1 Pound (450 gram, fresh)|
|Butter||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Bacon||1⁄4 Pound, sliced into short strips (110 gram)|
|Chopped fresh sage/1/2 teaspoon dried sage||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lamb liver||10 Ounce, cleaned and sliced into strips (300 gram)|
|Vermouth||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Pureed tomato/Juice from a can of italian peeled tomatoes||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon, fresh)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a pan, cook the pappardelle in the boiling salted water, until tender, drain and keep warm.
2) In a large frying pan, gently saute the garlic clove and onion in the butter, until soft.
3) Stir in the bacon strips and saute until crisp,
4) Stir in the sage and liver, then saute over a medium heat, until the liver is just brown.
5) Discard the garlic clove, then stir in the vermouth and tomato puree.
6) Cook until the sauce is reduced, then season with the salt and pepper to taste and add a little stock or tomato puree if the sauce is too thick.
7) Stir in the drained pappardelle, mix thoroughly.
8) Serve the Pappardelle with Lamb's Liver and Bacon, immediately on individual serving plates.