Bacon Shrimp Broil
|Large shrimp||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped scallion||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Teriyaki sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Crisp bacon slices||2 , crumbled|
1) Shell the shrimp and devein, leaving the last segments as well as the tail intact in place.
2) Preheat a broiler.
3) With the help of a sharp knife, butterfly the shrimp by splitting each along the back, right down to the tail. Cut as deep as possible but do not go through to the other side.
4) In a small non-aluminium mixing bowl, combine together the scallion, sherry, water, teriyaki sauce and lemon juice. Stir well to combine.
5) Add the bacon and shrimp and toss to coat with the marinade.
6) With plastic wrap, cover the bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
7) Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in a flameproof 9x9x2 inch baking pan. Tail the feathers up.
8) Pour the marinade mixture evenly all over the shrimp.
9) Broil about 5 to 6 inches from the heat source till the shrimp turns pink (3 to 4 minutes).
10) Serve the Bacon Shrimp Broil while still hot. Ca be served as a main dish, appetizer, side dish and even a snack.