Warm Watercress Potato and Bacon Salad
|Small new potatoes||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Streaky bacon||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm), trimmed, washed and dried|
|Sunflower oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Wine vinegar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
1) Take the potatoes and boil them with their skins intact.
2) Cut the bacon into slices with its rind on, into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths.
3) In a non-stick pan, fry till crisp using its own fat.
4) Portion the watercress into four helpings.
5) Onto four large plates, place them.
6) Cut the warm or cold potatoes into slices lengthwise and place them on top of the watercress.
7) Ladle out the bacon and scatter it on the potatoes.
8) Now add the sunflower oil and the wine vinegar to the bacon fat, allow to boil, empty up and drizzle over the salads.
9) Serve at once.