Bacon and Tomato Grill
|Back bacon rashers||4|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Finely grated cheese||2 Ounce|
|Dripping/Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. Skin and slice the tomatoes and keep aside.
2. From the rashers remove rind and fry bacon for about 5 minutes, then remove and keep hot.
3. Add extra fat to the pan if necessary and fry the bread until crisp.
4. In a shallow fireproof dish place the rashers and sprinkle with mixed herbs, salt, pepper and sugar.
5. Dot the rashers with butter and grill for about 5 minutes.
6. Grill for a further 3 minutes until golden after sprinkling with cheese.
7. Covering with tomato mixture and topping with bacon serve the fried bread.
Calories 1207 Calories from Fat 1085
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g185.8%
Saturated Fat 56 g280%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.8 mg45.6%
Sodium 958.3 mg39.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 13 g25.3%
Vitamin A 23.9% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 19% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet