Mushroom And Bacon Salad
|White bread slice||4 , 1/2 inch|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Back bacon rashers||6 , unsmoked|
|Button mushrooms||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Garlic cloves||1 Small|
|French dressing||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned red pimiento||1|
|Dill cucumber||1 Small|
|Stuffed olives/Black olives||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Remove crusts from the bread and cut bread into large cubes.
2. Melt the butter or margarine with the oil and fry the bread cubes until crisp and golden, turning frequently.
3. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Remove the rind from the bacon and cut into large pieces. Fry until slightly crisp and browned; remove and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Wash the mushrooms, slice thinly, fry slowly in the bacon fat until cooked but still firm. Allow to cool.
6. Trim the spring onions and cut into slices, place in a salad bowl.
7. Crush the garlic and add with the French dressing.
8. Cut the canned pimiento into strips.
9. Slice or dice the cucumber, add to the bowl with the olives, parsley, bacon, mushrooms and pimiento. Chill if liked.
10. Toss in the croutons just before serving.
11. Serve with a green salad, or on a bed of shredded Webbs lettuce or Chinese cabbage.