Here I finish the curing of the bacon. The cure is washed off, and the bacon is baked at a very slow temperature. The belly skin is removed, and then the bacon is cooked up.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Ground black pepper
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Curing)
1. In a large bowl, put together pink salt, kosher salt, brown sugar and black pepper, and mix well.
2. In a large tray, place the pork belly and generously spread the half of the salt mixture on the top and rub well, to ensure the salt coats the meat all over.
3. Flip the bacon and rub the remaining salt mixture all over the meat and rub well.
4. In a air tight container, place the meat and top with leftover salt form the tray if any.
5. Cover the container and place in refrigerator for about a week.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
7. After a week, remove the bacon from refrigerator, rinse under cold water and pat dry using kitchen towel.
8. In baking pan, put a rack place the meat over the rack and bake in oven for about 90 minutes.
9. Remove the bacon from the oven and using a sharp knife remove the skin and slice to the desired thickness.
10. Use bacon as required.
Things You Will Need
cookie sheet – with sides – do not use a flat cookie sheet
This recipe video is in 2 part, this is Making Bacon part 2. Watch the other other part for complete recipe. Want to learn the secret behind baked bacons? In this video chef shares the easy tricks to make your bacon real crispy and delectable. Follow her guidance to make it by yourself.