Stuffed Liver with Bacon
|Lamb liver slices||4|
|Seasoned flour||1 Ounce (Use As Needed)|
|Vegetable fat||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Lean bacon rashers||4|
|For the stuffing|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||2 1⁄2 Ounce (65 Gram)|
|Shredded beef suet||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Trim liver and wash thoroughly with water.
2. Pat dry and coat both sides with seasoned flour.
3. Trim the bacon rashers and let them cool down.
4. Peel onion and chop finely.
5. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, onion, suet, salt, mixed herbs, parsley and lightly beaten egg with a fork until the mixture is moist and crumbly.
6. On each piece of liver, spoon 1/4th of the stuffing mixture, press firmly and cover with a bacon rasher.
7. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
8. In a small roasting tin, melt the fat.
9. When the fat is hot, add the slices of liver and cover with a buttered paper.
10. Place the tin in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the liver is tender.
11. Serve hot.