Peas With Onions And Bacon
|Bacon slices||3 , cut into pieces of 1/2 inch each|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Frozen peas||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Chop the bacon and cut the vegetables as desired.
2) In a medium skillet,saute bacon over high heat for 3 minutes until brown.
3) In the pan, add onion and saute for another 3 minutes until onion is soft.
4) Add peas and let the pan simmer.
5) Cook for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
6) In a shallow bowl, transfer the bacon mixture and serve hot as main dish.
Calories 114 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.37 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg0.6%
Sodium 308 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 54.7% Vitamin C 39.9%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet