Bean And Bacon Salad
|Shelled green lima beans/Broad beans||1 Pound (About 2 Cups)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Crisp cooked bacon slices||4 , crumbled|
1. If using broad beans, remove skins and place in a medium saucepan.
2. Simmer in enough boiling water to cover for about 15 minutes such that tender.
3. Broad beans need 25 to 30 minutes, drain cooked beans and rinse with cold water to cool quickly.
4. For making the dressing, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, parsley, oregano and onion and season with salt and pepper.
5. Into a serving bowl place cooled beans stirring with dressing and sprinkle with bacon.
6. Serve immediately or refrigerate several hours.