Ginger Flavored Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
|Canned water chestnuts||8 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Bacon slices||8 , cut in half|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Using half slice of bacon, wrap each water chestnut and fasten them with toothpick.
2) Mix together rest of the ingredients and pour over the wrapped water chestnuts.
3) Keep them in refrigerator for several hours.
4) Drain off the marinade storing it in refrigerator for some other recipe.
5) Take a 7-1/2" x 12" utility dish; place the wrapped water chestnuts on metal rack in it and cook for 3 minutes on High after covering them with paper towel.
6) Turn the dish and again microwave for 3 more minutes.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 14 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.41 g0.63%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.73%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.86 mg0.29%
Sodium 292.6 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.74%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 0.63 g1.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.24%
Calcium 0.09% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet