Muffin Cup Egg And Bacon Brunch
|Butter||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Back bacon rashers||4 , thinly cut|
|Eggs||2 (At Room Temperature)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Thinly slice the lids of the muffins almost to the far edge, leaving a 'hinge', and fold open. Scoop out and discard the central crumbs of the muffins, leaving the bread walls intact.
2. Butter each cavity with a teaspoonful of butter. Using kitchen scissors, remove the rind from the bacon and slash the rashers at intervals,
3. Carefully break an egg into each muffin and prick each yolk twice, using a wooden cocktail stick. Put the muffin on one side of a heatproof serving plate and the bacon slices on the other. Cover them with folded absorbent kitchen paper.
4. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
5. Cover the plate with a napkin or tented foil and leave it to stand while the next portion is cooked.
6. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and serve hot.