Liver And Bacon Loaf
|Beef liver||1 Pound|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Corn flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Salt||7 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
1. Preheat the oven
2. Place liver in saucepan with boiling water to cover. Simmer for 10 minutes. Drain the liver and set aside while putting 1 cup broth aside
3. Cut liver into pieces and then grind liver, bacon and onion.
4. Combine celery, crumbs, salt, pepper, marjoram and chili sauce; add to liver mixture.
5. Add 1/4 cup water gradually to flour, blending until smooth.
6. Add flour mixture to reserved broth gradually; simmer until thickened, stirring well.
7. Add small amount broth mixture to egg, stirring constantly; stir egg mixture into broth mixture gradually. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add to liver mixture, blending well.
8. Pack into buttered 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
9. Serve hot with a fresh salad