Liver And Bacon Loaf
|Beef liver||1 Pound|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Corn flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Salt||7 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
1. Preheat the oven
2. Place liver in saucepan with boiling water to cover. Simmer for 10 minutes. Drain the liver and set aside while putting 1 cup broth aside
3. Cut liver into pieces and then grind liver, bacon and onion.
4. Combine celery, crumbs, salt, pepper, marjoram and chili sauce; add to liver mixture.
5. Add 1/4 cup water gradually to flour, blending until smooth.
6. Add flour mixture to reserved broth gradually; simmer until thickened, stirring well.
7. Add small amount broth mixture to egg, stirring constantly; stir egg mixture into broth mixture gradually. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add to liver mixture, blending well.
8. Pack into buttered 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
9. Serve hot with a fresh salad
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1039 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 1469.3 mg489.8%
Sodium 15710.2 mg654.6%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 108 g216%
Vitamin A 1561.1% Vitamin C 57.3%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 185.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet