1. In a stew pot, add 8 ounces of bacon and cook till crispy.
2. Next, add a pound of diced chicken and continue to cook.
3. Add 1 onion, 3 carrots, 3 stalks of celery into the stew pot and cook till tender.
4. Add ½ teaspoon of pepper, 2 teaspoons of garlic, 2 ½ teaspoons of curry powder, ½ teaspoon of salt into the pot.
5. Add 3 ½ cups of diced tomatoes, a pound of lentils, 6 cups of chicken broth and continue to stir and bring to boil.
6. Serve the stew hot in a bowl with a portion of naan or any kind of flatbread.
Here is a nice warm one dish meal for all the mothers who wish to serve good and easy to eat-feed meal to kids. The chef in the video is cooking with her kid and to let him enjoy cooking and eating alike.
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 721.6 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 75.2%
Vitamin C 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Curried Lentil Stew With Bacon And Chicken Recipe Video