Cauliflower And Bacon Savory
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce, trimmed|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, grated|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Neatly trim the cauliflower and break it into sprigs of even sizes. Rinse well and in boiling saled water, cook for about 10 minutes, till the sprigs have tendered.
3) Drain the cooked sprigs and arrange them in an ovenproof serving dish.
4) In the fat, fry the onion and trimmed and chopped bacon rashers till they have softened. Sprinkle all over the cauliflower sprigs. Keep the fat aside for future use.
5) In a saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over low heat. Stir in the flour and cook for about a minute and then beat in the milk, very gradually. Constantly stir to make a smooth sauce.
6) Bring the sauce to a boil, season it and cook over low heat for about 3 minutes. Stir in half of the cheese and once it has blended, pour it all over the prepared cauliflower sprigs.
7) Sprinkle the remaining cheese all over and place the dish in the center of the preheated oven. Cook till the preparation has heated thoroughly and the top has turned brown.
8) While the cauliflower is cooking, fry the mushrooms in the fat kept aside.
9) Serve hot after sprinkling with the cooked mushrooms.