Brunch Bacon And Eggs
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Pound, grated|
|Hard-cooked eggs||18 , thinly sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Buttered crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In the skillet, tip in the bacon and fry. Drain the fat and then crumble the bacon.
3. Melt butter in another saucepan and add flour and stir till smooth.
4. Add cream and milk gradually while stirring and then cook until thickened.
5. Add seasonings and cheese and mix till the cheese is melted.
6. Arrange layers of eggs, bacon and white sauce in greased casserole, sprinkling each layer with parsley. Sprinkle with crumbs. Bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Serve warm
Calories 719 Calories from Fat 420
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.8%
Saturated Fat 23.9 g119.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 638.4 mg212.8%
Sodium 900.8 mg37.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 38 g75.4%
Vitamin A 35.2% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 57.5% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet