|Unsalted margarine/Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low salt bacon slice||8 , cooked crisp and crumbled|
|Uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|No salt chicken flavor instant bouillon||1 Teaspoon|
1. In large skillet or saucepan melt margarine over medium heat.
2. Put in tomatoes and green onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in 2 cups water and remaining ingredients.
4. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover.
5. Simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
1. In large microwave-safe casserole dish place margarine, tomatoes and green onions.
2. Cook, covered, on High power (100%) for 5 minutes.
2. Add 2 cups water and remaining ingredients and cover.
3. Cook on High power for 5 minutes.
4. Reduce power to Medium-High (70%) and let it cook about 10 to 12 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
5. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
6. Fluff rice with fork before serving.
7. Garnish with parsley, if desired.