Leek And Bacon Tart
|Pastry||250 Gram (Ready Variety, To Line A 8 Inch Flan Ring)|
|Bacon rashers||8 , trimmed, chopped|
|Leeks||2 Large, sliced|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sodium bicarbonate||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (Or As Required)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F
2. Grease and flour a flan ring.
3. Roll pastry into a 9-inch circle and line a flan ring with it to make pastry shell.
4. Bake shell blind in preheated oven for about 15 minutes till pale and dry.
5. Remove from oven and set allow it to cool.
6. In the mean time, in a sauté pan, heat butter with oil over moderate heat.
7. Sauté bacon till crisp and then remove onto kitchen paper and set aside.
8. To the drippings in the pan, add leeks and sauté till soft. Remove from heat.
9. In another bowl, beat eggs and blend with cream, salt, pepper and paprika.
10. Stir in bacon and leeks.
11. Turn filling into baked tart shell
12. Bake for about 15 minutes till egg mixture is set and lightly colored.
13. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes
14. Remove tart from flan ring and place onto a serving plate.
15. Slice into wedges and serve hot as an appetizer or side dish