Honeyed Beans With Bacon
|Lima beans/Navy beans||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), soaked overnight|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped candied ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Chutney||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Dash|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) From the water in which they are soaked, drain the beans and cook them over low flame n boiling water till they have tendered.
3) In a saute pan, put bacon which has been diced and onions and stir till the fat starts to melt. Saute till the onion is transparent.
4) Drain the beans after they are cooked and put them in a deep casserole. Add the cooked bacon and onion, mustard, seasoning, ginger and chutney and mix properly.
5) Put the honey in, stir well and cover the casserole. Cook for about 60 minutes, uncover and cook for another 30 minutes.
6) Serve hot.
A really good accompaniment for the dish is cole slaw with sour cream dressing. To make the dressing, mix the sour cream with caraway seeds and lemon juice.