Boll Weevil Bacon Snacks
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||6 , cooked crisp and crumbled|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
1) For making a toasted snack, set the oven to a temperature of 350° but if making cold spread skip this step.
2) Mix together the cheese, bacon, mayonnaise, onion, Worcestershire sauce and 3 tablespoons of almonds.
For the cold spread:
3) Make a mound of the mixture or simply keep it in a serving bowl.
4) Cover the mixture and chill it overnight or for several hours.
For the toasted snack:
5) Spread the mixture on French bread slices or English muffin halves.
6) Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top.
7) Bake for around 15 minutes or just until is bubbly.
8) Cut the toasted snack into quarters or half.
9) Serve the cold spread with a topping of the remaining almonds accompanied by assorted crackers.
10) Serve the toasted snack immediately.