Bacon N Eggs Sophisticate
|Dried bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (packaged, adjust quantity as needed)|
|Cooked bacon slices||7|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
About 1 hour before supper:
1. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
2. Butter well a 1 1/2-quart casserole; sprinkle it with bacon crumbs. In the bottom place all but 2 bacon slices, broken in half.
3. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat egg yolks lightly; add salt, pepper, and milk; blend well.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Now carefully fold about one-third of them into egg-yolk mixture until well blended; repeat with other two-thirds of egg whites. Pour mixture into casserole; crumble rest of bacon strips; sprinkle on top.
5. Bake 25 minutes; remove from oven; let stand about 5 minutes, then serve. Bottom layer will have a custardlike consistency. What's sophisticated serving Mostly imagination. The little extras make this cosmopolitan supper a delight. Arrange your own garden flowers in a cut glass or silver bowl. Place a china figurine or two beside the flowers, on your-best-linen-covered table. When setting the table don't forget oyster forks, and, later on, demitasse spoons.