Blue Cheese Meatloaf in Bacon Wrap
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Thyme||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Mustard seeds||2 Teaspoon, whole|
|Blue cheese||175 Gram, crumbled|
|Bacon||8 Ounce (8 slices)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2) In a bowl, combine the meat, egg, onion, sage, mustard, salt & pepper together; mix well.
3) In a glass baking dish form this mixture into a log shape, and make a well in the centre.
4) Place half of the cheese into this well, then cover with meat and sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
5) Lay bacon slices over the meat-loaf completely covering.
6) Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 330ºF and continue to cook for another 40 minutes.
7) Slice and serve the blue cheese meatloaf in bacon wrap, hot or cold.
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.2%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.8 mg38.9%
Sodium 1027.6 mg42.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 11.6%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet