So I’m not a big fan of meatloaf... It’s usually too dry, or the flavour just isn’t palatable. But implant blue cheese, and wrap it in bacon - boom! You’ve got a winner.
1 Medium, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon, finely chopped
2 Teaspoon, whole
175 Gram, crumbled
8 Ounce (8 slices)
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
Cracked black pepper
1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)
1) Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2) In a bowl, combine the meat, egg, onion, sage, mustard, salt & pepper together; mix well.
3) In a glass baking dish form this mixture into a log shape, and make a well in the centre.
4) Place half of the cheese into this well, then cover with meat and sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
5) Lay bacon slices over the meat-loaf completely covering.
6) Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 330ºF and continue to cook for another 40 minutes.
7) Slice and serve the blue cheese meatloaf in bacon wrap, hot or cold.
If you are sick and tired of the regular meatloaf, you can try this excellent recipe of meatloaf blended with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon. It is a gourmet dish which you can prepare for any special occasion. Watch the video to go through the step-by-step process and replicate the same at your kitchen.