Liver And Bacon Rolls
|Liver slices||4 , trimmed (Thin Slices)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pork sausage||1⁄4 Pound|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Cover the liver slices with boiling water and leave one minute. Drain.
2. Break the sausage into small pieces and brown in a skillet. Add the remaining ingredients except the bacon.
3. Place a spoonful of the mixture on each liver slice and roll up. Wrap a slice of bacon around each and fasten with a toothpick.
4. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
5. Place the rolls in a baking dish and add hot water to the depth of one-quarter inch. Cover and bake thirty minutes. Remove the cover during the last ten minutes to brown the bacon and evaporate any remaining water.